These are foods that help promote metabolism, create satiation and less appetite which help a lot for weight loss. 1. Soup: Soup that is made from high fiber vegetables to help reduce hunger. It has low calorie so you can have a large amount with […]
Month: August 2017
When it comes to finding food for weight loss, smoothies are always at the top. Let’s jump right into figuring out all those awesome recipes for weight loss, refreshing and beautifying yourself, shouldn’t we? 1. Cucumber Smoothie Cucumber smoothie not only helps reduce inner heat, detoxify […]
Whilst the weather might still be trying to make up its mind right now in the UK, there is a good chance that we have plenty of glorious weekends ahead this year to enjoy the sunshine. What better way to celebrate the summer, and spend time with your loved ones, than by throwing an impressive cocktail party for your nearest and dearest whilst the weather allows us to?
If you are not too sure where to start with throwing a great cocktail party that your guests will love, here are some helpful tips to make sure your party goes off without a hitch:
1. Think of a theme for your cocktail party. If you usually love a good theme party then this will be easy, but if you are somewhat on the fence with those types of affairs it does not have to be an all out fancy dress shindig. Sometimes a subtle theme, such as a coordinated colour scheme, can make for a cool Instagram worthy party that your friends will cherish and talk about for ages.
2. Once you’ve decided on a theme, it’s time to think about the main event… the cocktails! If you already have a good idea of your favourite mixes then be sure to stock up on the makings, however if you’re not sure where to start then try a cocktail subscription box. They will deliver everything you need to create new and exciting cocktails so you and your guests can discover them together.
3. Up your ice game! No matter how much you pre-make or buy in, most cocktail parties tend to run out of ice as the evening progresses. To avoid this unfortunate circumstance, and to keep alcoholic drinks from being watered down by melting ice, freeze lots of tasty fruit such as grapes or berries to keep drinks cold. You can even purchase reusable cooling cubes that light up when they are placed in liquid for an impressive evening effect!
4. On that note, lighting is key. Decorate your main seating area with some pretty and colourful lighting options such as fairy lights or candles. This will help to create a warming atmosphere and keep the party going once the sun starts to set.
5. All that is left to do is to create a killer playlist for the event. If you have a theme then related music is a great choice, with the tempo picking up throughout the evening. Otherwise, allowing guests to pick some of their favourite tracks is a fun way to make everyone feel involved, plus you get to see their excitement when their favourite song comes on and they hit the makeshift dance floor!
Overall, the key to a great summer cocktail party is to make sure that you have as much fun as your guests. With just a little pre-planning, plus a few small but effective details, you can relax and enjoy a beautiful evening drinking great cocktails with your friends and family.
Content Written By Fiona Smith
By Robert Montgomery Grocery shopping can be quick and easy or it can take forever and be very frustrating. Making wise decisions when grocery shopping will save you time, money and aggravation. Here are a few tips and tricks that will help you get the […]